123.hp.com/setup 6968 Printer Scan Troubleshooting
SOLVING SCAN PROBLEMS
When you are unable to scan to email
- If you haven’t set your email profile properly, users will be unable to scan to email. Ensure that the outgoing SMTP server settings are valid.
- Also, make sure that you enter email addresses without any mistake. If the address is not valid, the email message might be sent to some recipients but not to others. Users can also check the inbox for any delivery notification failure.You can download latest Driver and Manuals from 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 or123.hp.com/setup 6968.
- Be careful when you send large email messages. Sometimes, the email servers may reject those messages which are larger than a pre-determined size. If certain limit is fixed for the email attachment size, set it to the maximum so that you can send messages of any size.
SOLVE FAX PROBLEMS
If your HP printer is not set up properly for faxing, you might encounter certain problems while sending and receiving faxes. In case you experience such problems, print a fax test report to check the printer’s status.You can download latest Driver and Manuals from 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 or 123.hp.com/setup 6968.
When the fax hardware test fails
- Press the Power button to switch off the printer and then unplug the power cord from the wall socket. Wait for five minutes to replug the cord and then switch on your Hp officejet pro 6968 printer. Now, run the fax test again. If the test fails once again, read the instructions to solve the problem. Otherwise, call us on our toll-free number to troubleshoot the printer.
- Send or receive a fax. If you can send or receive a fax successfully, the problems with your printer are resolved.
- When you are running the fax test, ensure that your HP Officejet printer is not involved in completing another task. If your Hp officejet pro 6968 printer is busy, wait for the task to be completed and then run the test from Fax Setup Wizard (Windows) or HP Utility (OS X).
- Use the phone cord that came with the printer. If the phone cord doesn’t suit the printer, you might be facing problems while sending or receiving faxes. Replug the cord and then run the fax test once again to eliminate the problems.
- Make sure you do not use phone splitter. Connect the printer directly to the telephone wall jack.
After resolving the problems in the HP printer, run the fax test again to ensure that the printer passes the fax test. If the printer is failing the Fax Hardware Test, then contact our toll-free number. Our technicians will be of utmost help to you.
When the ‘Fax connected to active telephone wall jack’ test fails
1. The connection between the wall socket and the printer should be secure.
2. Use the phone cord that came in with the printer. If the supplied phone cord is not used, you may not be able to send or receive faxes.
3. Use one end of the phone cord to the electrical wall socket and connect the other end to the port that is labelled 1-LINE at the back of the printer.
4. Using a phone splitter might cause problems while sending or receiving faxes. Remove the splitter and connect the printer directly to the wall socket.
5. Connect a working phone and phone cord to the wall jack, which you are using for the printer. Now, check for the dial tone. If you do not hear a dial tone, check with your telephone service provider.
6. Try sending or receiving a fax test. If you are able to do that successfully, then the fax problems are resolved.You can download latest Driver and Manuals from 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 or 123.hp.com/setup 6968.